eBay Managed Payments Fee Structure
What you need to know about Fees
On Seller Hub, selling fees for sellers whose payments are managed by eBay can be accessed via the “Payments” tab.
Thereafter, simply filter your transactions via the following transaction types:
- “Order” – this will display all fees associated with paid orders, including the Final Value Fee, International Fee, Additional Final Value Fee, Exchange rates Currency Conversion charges; or
- “Other fee” – this will display all fees related to store subscriptions, insertions, and other marketing costs, such as Promoted Listings and fees for optional listing upgrades.
What are “Order” Fees?
These are fees associated with paid orders, including the Final Value Fee, International Fee, Additional Final Value Fee, Currency Conversion Charges.
Final Value Fee (FVF)
We will charge a final value fee when your item sells, and you don't have to worry about third-party payment processing fees. This fee is calculated as a variable percentage of the total amount of the sale plus a transaction fee that varies in quantum depending on the eBay site your item is sold on (for example, on ebay.com the transaction fee is USD 0.30 per order).
Below are the two components to FVF:
· Transaction Fee
The Transaction Fee can differ slightly based on the eBay Sites that you sell. As an example, the expected fee for some of the sites-
· US Site [ebay.com]: USD 0.30 Per Order
· UK Site [ebay.co.UK]: GBP 0.30 Per Order
AU Site [ebay.com.au]: AUD 0.30 Per Order
· Variable or “ %Category”
This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale , including the item price, any handling charges, shipping service the buyer selects, and sales tax may be applicable*, The Variable or “ %Category” varies by Category, Store Subscription, and the eBay Site that you sell. In short, sellers with Basic Store Subscription or higher will pay a lower %Category FVF than sellers with no stores or Starter Stores.
If you need to refund the buyer or cancel the sale, you may be eligible for a credit of the variable percentage portion of the final value fee provided that you refund the buyer in full in resolution of a return or cancellation request. The $0.30 per order fee will not be credited.
*refer to the fee page of the respective eBay site you are selling on
The International fee for Sellers with an eBay registered address in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia or Vietnam is 1.3%
When your eBay registered address is in one of the countries listed individually or as part of a region grouping here (collectively referred to as "eBay global" countries or regions), we charge an International fee if either:
· The delivery address for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside your registered address country, or
· The buyer's registered address is outside your registered address country (regardless of the delivery address for the item).
The International fee is calculated on the total amount of the sale and is automatically deducted from your sales proceeds. The total amount of the sale is the item price, any handling charges, the shipping service the buyer selects, sales tax may be applicable.
eBay sellers with a registered address in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia or Vietnam may qualify for an International Fee volume discount, subject to the Volume discount calculation and exclusions listed here .
- For each eBay account, if your total sales volume (including postage) on ebay.at, ebay.com.au, befr.ebay.be, benl.ebay.be, ebay.ca, cafr.ebay.ca, ebay.ch, ebay.com, ebay.de, ebay.es, ebay.fr, ebay.ie, ebay.it, ebay.nl, ebay.pl, ebay.co.uk (collectively, the "eBay Sites"), is at least US $3,000 in the previous month on a rolling basis, you may be eligible for a discounted International fee in the following month, provided your seller level is at least Above Standard. You can check your current seller level on your Seller Dashboard.
- We assess your sales volume tier on the 20th of each month based on your sales history on the eBay Sites in the previous month, on a rolling basis. If your account qualifies, the discounted International fee will be applied automatically from the start of the following calendar month.
Additional final value fees
You may be charged final value fees if you violate our policy of buying or selling outside of eBay, or we may apply additional final value fees if you are not meeting our performance expectations.
- If your Seller Level falls Below Standard, you'll be charged an additional 5% on the final value fees.
- If your rate of 'Item not as described' return requests is evaluated in your service metrics as Very High in the evaluation on the 20th of the month in one or more categories, you will be charged an additional 5% on the final value fees for sales in those categories in the following calendar month. You can view your personalized service metrics on your Service Metrics dashboard in Seller Hub.
Note: If your account is Below Standard and you're rated Very High in your rate of 'Item not as described' return requests, you'll only be charged the additional final value fee for not meeting our minimum seller performance standards.
Seller Currency Conversion Charge
When you create listings or sell items on an international eBay site with a listing currency different to your payout currency, eBay may convert your funds to collect amounts owed by you to eBay, or to payout funds due to you. If eBay converts your funds, the conversion will be completed at the transaction exchange rate we set for the relevant currency exchange. eBay's transaction exchange rate is composed of a base exchange rate plus a conversion charge.
What is “Other Fees”
“Other” fees are related to store subscription, insertions, and other marketing costs, such as Promoted Listings, and fees for optional listing upgrades. Here’s what you need to know about Other Fees;
Store Subscription fees
For a monthly subscription, you can run your own eBay Store. The fees and benefits vary depending on the type of Store package on each site: Starter, Basic, Premium, Anchor, or Enterprise.
Visit our Seller Center to learn more about the benefits of opening an eBay Store.
When you have an eBay Store, you get more listings with zero insertion fees and pay lower final value fees, compared to selling without a Store. You also get access to additional tools to manage and promote your business.
Sellers with Basic Store subscription or higher get better rates of Variable Final Value Fee or “ %Category FVF”. For example, the most common “ %Category FVF” for sellers without any store subscription is 12.55% while Basic-store subscribers mostly would pay 8.7-11.7% for “ %Category FVF”, depending on the category of the items.
In eBay MP environment, the store packages offer much higher number of free insertions per month, esp. when compared to older store packages. This allows you to list more at a lower cost and have higher chance of sales and higher traffic!
EX: As of 24 June 2021, the Basic Store Subscription Fee in eBay MP environment is USD 21.95 per month (yearly rate). The [Old] Basic Store Package offered FREE 350 Fixed-price Insertions+250 Auction Insertions while the eBay MP’s Basic Store Package now offers FREE 1 ,000 Fixed-price Insertions+250 Auction Insertions, with additional 10,000 Free Fixed-price Insertions in “Select Categories”:
- Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
- Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
- Books & Magazines
- Movies & TV
- Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
- Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies
When you have an eBay Store subscription, you get more zero insertion fee listings per month than sellers who don't have a Store. The number you get depends on the Store subscription package you choose. Keep in mind, selling limits apply and certain categories are excluded from the zero insertion fee listings offer.
After you've used your zero insertion fee allowance, insertion fees are:
- Nonrefundable if your item doesn't sell
- Charged per listing and per category. So if you list your item in two categories, you'll pay an insertion fee for the second category too
- Charged for the original listing and each time your item is relisted
- Charged per listing if you create duplicate auction-style listings for identical items. Read more about our duplicate listings policy
- Credited back for auction-style listings that end in a sale for Basic, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise Store subscribers (exclusions apply)
Each eBay International Sites could have different rates of Insertion Fees.
For example, you can review UK Site’s Selling Fees here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-business-sellers-activated-managed-payments?id=4809
Sellers with Basic Store subscription or higher do get more zero insertion fee listings allocation per month, and pay a lower rate of Insertion Fee per listing after allocation.
EX: As of 24 June 2021, the eBay MP’s Basic Store only charges USD 0.25 as Insertion fee per listing after allocation. However, for sellers with no stores or Starter Store, the Insertion fee per listing is charged at USD 0.35.
Ad fee (Promoted Listings)
Promoted Listings puts your items in front of more buyers, boosting visibility and increasing the likelihood of a sale. Promoted Listings is available to Above Standard and Top Rated sellers with recent sales activity.
You’re not charged until a buyer clicks on your promoted listing and purchases the promoted item within 30 days.
Fees for optional listing upgrades
You can enhance your listings to help make them stand out by adding certain features, such as subtitle or bold font. The fees for these optional listing upgrades vary depending on your item's price and the listing format and duration.
If your items are relisted automatically, you'll be charged insertion and optional listing upgrade fees each time your item is relisted.
Please keep in mind that not all optional listing upgrades are available with every listing tool and not all optional listing upgrades may be displayed across all our sites, services, applications, and tools.